Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 164




30 posts in thirty days.


30 random facts about me.


Fun Fact #14: I watch Anime.

Not a whole lot of it, but enough to where I'm pretty competent about what's out there. I'm not ashamed to admit that Sailor Moon was my first Anime that I watched (for the record, it was Voltron, but this was on my own... and Akira. I LOVED Akira.) and that it was absolutely amazing to me. I was 13 when it started showing on Fox. That's what started me down the road of Japanese Animation.

After that, it was Ronin Warriors, Project A-ko (commend my brother for getting me into that one), Dragon Ball (again, my older brother), Ghost In The Shell, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Then, when I hit college, I saw the Anime that changed my life:

Cowboy Bebop.


Everything about this Anime screamed at me; the music, the style, and Faye Valentine. Well, it was really the whole crew, and how they came together. The music is what really drove me over the edge, it was amazing. The Seatbelts did the music for the show, and I love live instrumentation (that's another post) and the way they played along with the action.

Sidenote: If you're ever looking for some good, jazzy music, find some of The Seatbelts' stuff. You won't be disappointed.

Cowboy Bebop was more to me than just some "cartoon". It hit me on a level of subconsciousness. It got me thinking about the choices I made, and how no matter how long it takes, it always comes back to you, good or bad.

That Anime led me into Samurai Champloo, and the ball just kept rolling. I've been watching a lot of good Animes, and I've come across some bad stuff, too. The one thing to keep in mind is that it's not just some cartoon. It's a lot of deep things to be learned by watching different Animes, and the ones that are done well, and done EXTREMELY well. I have yet to watch a middle of the road Anime.

I don't think I'll ever really stop looking for new Animes to watch. Case in point, just this year, I discovered Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan (Or Club To Death Angel). This has to be, hands down, the FUNNIEST Anime I've watched yet. YouTube it, and see what I mean.

Fun Fact #14: I watch Anime.

----------------
Now playing: The Seatbelts - What Planet Is This?!?
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin