Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 161



*NOTE: This post was finished on 6/11/2009. However, Blogger saw fit to not AutoPost as I was out having the time of my life last night. I apologize for the lateness.*

30 posts in thirty days.


30 random facts about me.


Fun Fact #11: I have an Atlas complex.


"Got the weight of the world on my shoulders..." - Jay-Z

I don't get into people's business. I don't ask questions that would make it seem as if I'm probing into your mind, trying to get some juicy piece of gossip.

But people offer it to me because I'm a great listener. I'm also a great friend.

And therein lies the problem. I tend to take people's problems as my own. I take ownership and I stress and I think about what they have going on, as if I don't have enough problems of my own.

I think that's way I blog so much. I rarely talk about myself, I get kinda shy in that aspect. Here, however, I can write about myself as much as I want, and people will either read it or not. It's out of my system, though, and that's what makes it cool.

Case in point: Today, a good friend of mine gave me some news. They have their own set of problems, and I've been spending the past 6-7 hours thinking about it and trying to come up with a solution. Granted, it's not my problem, however, it's about their health, and I don't want anything bad to happen to any friend of mine. They would probably scold me if they knew that I was thinking so heavily about their issue; as a matter of fact, I'll probably hear about this later. But I can't help it: I'm a helper. I want to help as much as I can, when I can.

It kills me to know that a friend of mine is in pain, and it hurts me more to know that there may be SOMETHING that I can do to help out. So, I try my best to help out as much as possible, even going so far as to ignore my own issues to help out.

That's bad, I know.

I've been trying to fall back from doing that, but whenever I do, I feel like I'm not being a good enough friend.

So, today, I'm asking for input on what to do. I'm asking for some insight on how to go about not feeling like the world depends on me.

Because currently, I feel as if the world needs me.

And I'm ready to help, however possible.

Fun Fact #11: I have an Atlas complex.

----------------
Now playing: Janko Nilovic - In the Space
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin