Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 232 (Black Walnut)



After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. - Aldous Huxley

Silence.
It is the most deafening sound there is.
I can't hear you. I can see you mouth the words to me.
I can't hear you. My heart was beating in my ears a second ago.
I can't hear you. The tears are streaming down your face.
You scream at me. You hit me. I stand there.
Emotions are gone. There's a stranger in my house.
And it's me.
I've changed.
I can't hear you. I asked about your friend.
I can't hear you. I asked about us.
I can't hear you. I asked about me.
When did I change? What was it back then?
Was it when? Maybe then? Or how about?
I... I can't hear you. You shake your head.
I... I can't hear you. You point at the door.
I... I can't hear you. You start to walk away.
Please, don't leave.
Please, don't go.
Stay awhile. Let me know the truth.
I told you I was Paranoid.
It's scary, my brain makes me see things that my heart knows isn't true.
I daydream of you. I have nightmares of you.
Tell me. Tell me that you love me. PLEASE?

----------------
Now playing: Portishead - Silence
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin